St. Catherine's Hospital Cite Soleil--January 2014


St. Catherine Laboure Hospital Cite Soleil (Photo by John Carroll--January 2014)


The people in Cite Soleil have been driven to this pathetic state in their search for medical care.

One sees from where one stands (or kneels).

God have mercy.

John A. Carroll, MD
www.haitianhearts.org

Comments in 2014--

I am a nurse on the open heart team at Methodist, if our CEO would open the doors for Daniel the heart team would love nothing more than to donate our time to help Daniel, and in regaurds to Dr. Geiss he is the most giving talented man I have ever met. He is defiantly doing Gods work everyday, he is a true saint. If anyone can help Daniel it is This man.


My Comments in 2021--


I did contact Methodist Medical Center Administration in 2013/2014 about operating Daniel. Dr. Geiss could have operated Daniel at Methodist. However, Methodist responded that operating people like Daniel--an international patient--was not part of their mission philosophy (not a direct quote). So Daniel would need to go somewhere outside of Peoria. And as I have mentioned multiple times in the past, it is very hard to get a new medical center to reoperate heart patients from the developing world. So this of course made it all the more important for OSF to reaccept their Haitian patients when they needed repeat heart surgery. 

 

(If you stay tuned in, Daniel's saga was not yet over.)


And I doubt this was all just Methodist telling me that Daniel was not part of their philosophy. I think there is much fear of OSF and the supporters of OSF in the Peoria area. And I doubt Methodist wanted to be despised by these people if they allowed Daniel's life to be saved inside the walls of Methodist. 

In fact, people in the area who had done so much for Daniel when he had been in Peoria for his first surgery, would not even communicate regarding Daniel or accepting him back to give him care if he was reoperated in Peoria. I didn't tell Daniel that they did not want him back either. 

Comments

Popular Posts