Daniel and Ash Wednesday--March 2014


Daniel--Photo by John Carroll--March 2014

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. It is the day we remember our mortality and start our preparation for the greatest day during the Christian year.

And Daniel was accepted for heart surgery yesterday, not only by a great heart surgeon, but by one who specializes in mitral valve pathology.

God is good and merciful. Our Daniel in the slum told us this all along.

John A. Carroll, MD
www.haitianhearts.org


Comments in 2014

Eric

says:

March 6, 2014 at 10:55 pm

So awesome! Literally brought this up in prayer last night at church! So excited!

REPLY


Anonymous

says:

March 7, 2014 at 8:30 pm

John, I’m ecstatic! Prayers answered! Thank you for all your hard work for Daniel. I will continue to pray for a great outcome. Maribeth

REPLY


Jen H.

says:

March 7, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Wonderful news!! So great to hear this.

REPLY


John A Carroll

says:

March 8, 2014 at 8:18 am

Thank you Eric, Maribeth, and Jen, for all of your support.

Daniel is such a valuable “teaching case”. The picture of Daniel praying above was taken Ash Wednesday morning and he wasn’t accepted for surgery until Wednesday evening. Daniel, like many other Haitians who have no one to rely on except God, have much to teach us about the role of faith in our lives.

REPLY


Theresa

says:

March 9, 2014 at 1:04 am

Thanks be to God. I’ll pray for a successful surgery for Daniel.

REPLY


Rita Sullivan

says:

March 11, 2014 at 10:17 pm

John and his mother Mary are a team and are truly doing God’s work. You are an
inspiration to us all, John. May God continue to bless you and to do His work

Through you.

Rita Sullivan

REPLY


Lynda Schmitt

says:

March 19, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I’m so happy for Daniel, i was ready to talk to our CEO when I saw this:)

REPLY


Becky Kunkel

says:

March 26, 2014 at 11:36 am

Amazing Grace…..Daniel did know!!!!!! I am so happy for Daniel. He is such a blessing.

REPLY

Comments

Popular Posts